Post-Doc, University of Delaware
M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
PhD, Chemical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, Particles at Fluid-Fluid Interfaces
B.Tech, HBTI Kanpur
Courses at IIT Gandhinagar
- Advanced Thermodynamics (PG)
- Introduction to Thermodynamics (UG)
- Fluid Mechanics (UG)
- Colloidal Domain: Where Science Meets Engineering (UG & PG)
Honours (Medals, Fellowships, Prizes)
- Mechanically tunable adsorbent grapheme oxide gels, Poster presentation in the International Conference on Applied Surface Science, China, 12-15th June 2017, (received the SPECS prize for the best poster)
Shortlisted for INAE Young Engineer Award, 2017
- Self-assembly and Rheology of Colloidal particles in Hexagonal and Nematic Liquid Crystals, Poster Presentation in Faraday Discussion-Nanoparticle Self-Assembly: From Fundamental to Applications, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, January 6-8, 2016. (received the Skinner’s prize for the best poster)
- Sunoco Chemical Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh, 2008
- Gold Medal for best academic performance, HBTI Kanpur, 2003
Invited lectures (outside the institute) and invited conference presentations
- Implications of Colloidal Self Assembly, External Fields on Suspension Rheology, Solvay Research & Innovation, Vadodara, 16th-17th March, 2017
- Influence of External Field on the Rheology of Fumed Alumina Suspensions, COMPFLU, Hyderabad, 12th-14th Dec 2016
- Rheology of Particles-in-Liquid Crystal Composites, Soft Matter Young Investigator Meeting, Goa, 16th-18th Dec 2016
- Lecture on Rheology in Short Term Training Programme (STTP) on Hands on Training on Multiscale Simulation in Advanced Materials Science & Technology (HTMSAMST-2016) during 14-24 July 2016.
- Self Assembly and Rheology of Colloidal Particles in Liquid Crystals, COMP FLU, IISER Pune, 2nd Jan 2016
- Soft matter and Scattering techniques TEQIP-II sponsored STTP on "Advanced Analytical techniques for Materials Characterization" (AATMC-2015) organized by SVNIT, 23-25th Feb 2015.
- Strategies for Interfacial Stabilization, International conference for Surface Science & Nanotechnology in Biomedical, Pharmaceutical & Engineering Systems, 10 — 12th December 2013, Dharmsinh Desai University, Nadiad
- Surfactant Self-Assembly, Invited talk in the Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras, March 2012.
Rheology, Microstructure and Stability of Crystallizing Fatty Acid Pastes, NCL Pune, August 16th 2012.
- Correlating Rheology and Microstructure to Stability of Crystallizing Fatty Acid Pastes, Vyome Biosciences, New Delhi, Oct 8th 2012.
- Session Chair for “Rheology” at COMFLU 2017 (Annual Conference of Indian Society of Rheology), IIT Madras, 2017
- Organizer, Rheology Workshop, IIT Gandhinagar, 2017
- Session Chair for “Self and Directed Assembly of Molecules and Particles –Delivery and Release” at 89th ACS Colloids Symposium 2015, Pittsburgh, USA
- Organizer of DST - PAC of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, 2016
- Professional Membership of Society of Rheology (SOR)
- I have been the reviewer for the following international journals and reviewed research articles and reviews from time to time.
- Colloids and Surfaces A: Physiochemical and Engineering Aspects
- Rheologica Acta
- Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology
- Asia Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences
- Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science
- Institute Representative for GATE 2013 at Surat
- Institute Representative for JEE (advance) 2013 at Ahmedabad
Discipline committees and activites
- The discipline of Chemical Engineering, MTech and PhD admissions committee, 2012-current
- Discipline of Chemical Engineering, MTech Coordinator, 2012-current.
- The discipline of Chemical Engineering, BTech. (2011 batch) Faculty advisor, 2012-2014
- Co-Coordinator, Foundation Program 2012
- SSAC, Committee Member, August 2012- August 2013
- Institute level selection committee for technical staff, 2012 and 2013
- Selection Committee for Technical Staff, 2012, 2013
- Faculty-Student Interaction, Committee Member, May 2012-July2012
Professional and association offices and committee activity outside the institute
- PhD Thesis, External Examiner, Chemical Engineering, IIT Kanpur, 2017
- PhD Thesis, External Examiner, Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras, 2017
- MTech Thesis, External Examiner, Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras, 2016
- MTech, PhD Thesis progress reviewer, Chemical Engineering, G.T.U, 2015
Public and community contributions/outreach
- Fun with Complex Fluids Stall in Environment Day 2017
- Complex Fluids Stall in Science Day 2016
- IIT Gandhinagar-VGEC Club – Lecture/workshop on “World of Complex Fluids”, April 2015